I love working with women at various stages of building their own businesses. These women are inspiring because it is very easy to spot their passion for the product or service they want to craft a business around.
By the time women reach mid-career and are blending work and family, the option of building something of their own has great appeal. The main motivators for my clients is a business that offers the lifestyle benefits of:
- Flexibility – integrating work and life in a do-able way
- Freedom – setting your own direction and making good choices
- Fulfillment – finally doing work that is truly meaningful to you
While all of this is true and can be quite appealing, the reality is that entrepreneurship is very new territory to most women—making it incredibly fun and potentially challenging.
My entrepreneurial clients seek coaching to answer the questions:
- Is this idea viable? Will anyone take me seriously?
- How do I get started or keep up the momentum?
- How do I get past the real obstacles as well as the ones I put in my own way?
- I know my strengths but how do I manage the areas that I struggle with?
- How do I keep this manageable and not allow it to take over my life?
Building a business you love that works in your life is a very individualized process with no prescribed formulas. That is the beauty and adventure of it. My #1 piece of advice to all entrepreneurs is to have a plan – a simple plan is fine – that will guide you along the journey. There is an immense sense of comfort and clarity that comes from knowing your vision, mission and goals, and how your business fits into your own definition of personal and professional success. Coaching is an ideal tool for getting clear and into action.
Explore the variety of ways we could work together, either in private coaching, in a class or in an ongoing group coaching program. Check out my recommended resources and or contact me today for more information.